Euro Cup 2020, is the UEFA European Championship, where all of the best teams in Europe will fight for the title. It is one of the most coveted trophies of Europe and said to be second most biggest footballing competition after World Cup. Though it was originally scheduled from 12 June to 12 July 2020, the break out of COVID 19 all over the world made it impossible to organize it in the year 2020, so it was postponed and rescheduled for 11th June to 11th July, 2021 but will retain the name “ UEFA EURO 2020.” This completion will be organized at the biggest stadiums in major cities, all over Europe where 24 teams will fight for the title. As the excitement builds up, let’s look at some of the interesting facts for this edition of Euros.
- It will be hosted in 12 different cities across 12 different countries.
- Wembley will host semifinal and final which is their second time in this last 25 years.
- Virtual Assistant Referee (VAR ) will be introduced in this Euros, for the first time.
- 24 teams will participate in this tournament, whereas there will be six groups instead of four.
- Azerbaijan is the only country that was eliminated in the qualifying group stage among all host countries
There are shock results in every edition of the euros and from this edition as well, we can expect the same. Last edition’s winner “ Portugal” will also give strong fight in this competition and so will France, Germany, Spain and Italy. Wales, Scotland and Hungary can also upset the big guns in this competition.