Name of the dish: Vegetable Spring Roll
Vegetable Spring Roll is made by wrapping mixed vegetables in a thin dough wrapper and then deep-frying it. Veg spring roll can be served as a starter or a light snack during brunch.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4th cup cornflour
- Mixed vegetables (onions, carrots, cabbages, etc.)
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
Method of preparation
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the mixed vegetables at medium heat
- Once the vegetables are half done and still crunchy, add some soy sauce to the vegetables
- Add some vinegar as well to the vegetables and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool.
- Once the vegetable mixture has been prepared, it’s time to prepare the wrappers.
- Take a bowl and add half a cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4th cup of cornflour, and a pinch of salt and mix.
- Slowly add water little by little and mix the flour till it gets to a slurry consistency
- Heat a pan and grease it with oil.
- Slowly brush the flour mixture on the pan evenly, cook for no more than 30 seconds.
- Take the wrapper out and fill it with the vegetable mixture and roll into finger length rolls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the vegetable rolls
- Serve with a bowl of any soup or sauce.