One deputy prime minister along with the other 13 ministers has been dropped from their position after prime minister KP Sharma Oli decided to reshuffle the cabinet on Friday.
Among those who have been displaced from the Cabinet are: Health Minister Hridayesh Tripathi, Foreign Minister Pradeep Gyawali, Deputy Prime Minister, and former Defence Minister Ishwar Pokhrel. Padma Aryal who handled the agriculture and Tourism Minister Bhanubhakta Dhakal also made their way out of the cabinet.
KP Sharma Oli has reconstituted the cabinet by letting go of some of his own UML ministers and filling in 2 state ministers from JSP and eight new ministers. Sher Bahadur Tamang has been appointed as the health minister while Raghubir Mahaseth is handed the role of new foreign minister.
The reorganized cabinet includes three deputy prime ministers: Bishnu Poudel of UML continues his role as the finance minister while Raghubir Mahaseth becomes a foreign minister. Rajendra Mahato, also from JSP is handed the urban development portfolio.
The new council of ministers includes:
- K P Oli: Prime Minister, Defense, Communication Home, Industries, Agriculture, and General Administration
- Raghubir Mahaseth: Deputy prime minister and Foreign
- Rajendra Mahato: Deputy prime minister and Urban Development
- Bishnu Poudel: Deputy prime minister and Finance
- Krishna Gopal Shrestha: Education
- Sher Bahadur Tamang: Health
- Basanta Nembang: Infrastructure and Transport
- Lilanath Shrestha: Law
- Sarat Singh Bhandari: Energy
- Anil Jha: Water Supply
- BImal Srivastav: Labour
- Uma Shankar Argaria: Forests
- Laxmanlal Karna: Land Management
- Equal Miya: Youth and Sports
- Chanda Chaudhari: Women, Children
- Renuka Gurung: State minister of Women, Children
- Chandrakant Chaudhari: State minister of Energy