Name of the dish: Apple Pie
Apple pie is a classic dish made from stewed apples and buttery pastry. It tastes even better when served along with ice cream.
- 675g apples
- 25g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- juice of 1 orange and some orange zest
- 1 tablespoon plain white flour
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices
- 500ml cold water
- 280g plain flour
- 170g margarine or butter
- A pinch of salt
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 195 degree Celsius 20 minutes before baking the pie
- Peel and cut the apples into slices and set them aside
- Take a bowl and mix the sugar, orange zest, spices, and flour in it.
- Take a pie dish and place one-third of the apple slices in it and sprinkle the sugar mixture on top.
- Again, add some apple slices on top and sprinkle more sugar mixture.
- Arrange some apple slices on top and pour orange juice on top
- To make the pastry, mix flour, butter, salt, and water and knead well to make a smooth buttery dough.
- Roll the dough and cut into thin strips and cover the pie dish by arranging pastry strips on top
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes then lower the temperature to 160 degrees Celsius and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or custard