Name of the dish: Black Forest Cake
Black forest cake is one of the most loved pastries in the world. It is made by adding sweetness and cream to a brown sponge.
- 100g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 20g roasted almonds
- 50g flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 25g butter
- 15g icing sugar
- 750ml fresh cream
- 20g cornflour
- 100ml sugar syrup
- Cherries for garnish
Method of preparation
- Take a mixing bowl and mix flour, cornflour, and cocoa powder.
- Mix eggs and sugar and whisk continuously till the mixture reaches the ribbon stage
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a baking mould and bake at 225 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes
- Once the brown sponge is ready take it out from the oven and slice it into three equal parts.
- Take the first slice and apply sugar syrup with the help of a brush and add some whipped cream on top
- Place another slice on top and repeat the above step again
- Finally place the third slice and top with whipped cream, cherries, and roasted almonds.