Name of the dish: Lemon Chicken Piccata
Lemon chicken piccata is a continental dish that originated in Italy. It is a rich creamy chicken dish with lemon flavor that can be enjoyed with rice or bread.
- 2 pieces of lemon
- 15g celery
- 30g garlic
- 20g onion
- 500g chicken
- 500g flour
- 15g shallot
- 1 lt chicken stock
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper
Method of preparation:
- Marinate the chicken in salt and pepper and cut into thin slices
- Heat a pan with some butter and add chopped onion, shallots, celery, and garlic to it.
- Add flour to the mixture once the vegetables become soft
- Add chicken stock to the mixture and cook while stirring continuously.
- Squeeze some lemon juice in the mixture
- Add the marinated pieces of chicken in the mixture and keep cooking till chicken is cooked perfectly and the mixture reaches gravy consistency.
- Add some lemon zest to finish.